Koh Samui, Thailand is open for international travel, with onward travel to the neighboring islands of Koh Pha-ngan and Koh Tao allowed after 7 days. Travel is permitted for:
- Fully Vaccinated adults from low or medium risk countries
- Children under 18 are not required to be vaccinated if travelling with fully vaccinated parents
Travellers can travel to other provinces in Thailand by providing proof of at least 14 nights stay, 3 times RT-PCR tests result and evidence of disease control according to the destination’s regulations.
***Information is based on the latest updates from the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and may be subject to change.
Pre-Arrival & Arrival
To travel to Koh Samui, you will require:
- A negative RT-PCR test result no longer than 72 hours before departure
- Proof that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Proof that you spent previous 21 days in low or medium risk country
- Confirmation of booking at Samui Extra Plus hotel (minimum 7 nights) and SHA+ certified hotels (minimum 7 nights)
- Proof of payment of COVID-19 testing during their stay.
- A Certificate of Entry from your Thai Embassy or Consulate
- Approved alerting app installed on your smartphone
- Medical insurance with COVID-19 treatment coverage of at least USD 100,000
- RT-PCR test on arrival – for adults and children of 6 years or older
* Shorter stays are permitted if you are departing to an international destination.
During The Stay
For the first 7 nights of your stay in Koh Samui, you will be required to stay at a Samui Extra Plus hotel. Thereafter, you can stay at any SHA+ certified hotel on Koh Samui, Koh Pha-ngan or Koh Tao.
- The first RT-PCR test will be conducted at the hotel which the tourists must rest in the room while waiting for the results
Day 0: WAITING – The first RT-PCR test
- If the result is negative, tourists can relax and use the services in the area that the hotel has allocated.
Days 1-3: CHILLING at Hotel
- Able to travel in districts of Koh Samui according to the specified route and travel program.
- On Day 6 or 7, a 2nd RT-PCR test will be conducted at the hotel.
Days 4-7: SEALED ROUTE
- Must stay at a SHA+ certified hotel, and after receiving a negative test result can travel within Koh Samui, Koh Pha-ngan and Koh Tao with a follow-up with the specified IT system.
- On Day 12 or 13, a 3rd RT-PCR test will be conducted at the hospital.
Days 8-14: RELAXED STYLE
After 14 days, and a 3rd negative test on Day 12 or 13, you will be permitted to travel to other destinations within Thailand. Regional COVID-19 restrictions may apply.
For international departures, you will be responsible for satisfying all the requirements for travelling to your next destination.